Understanding Today's Crossword Puzzle
The clue for today's crossword puzzle is "Youthful Greek proprietor of 90 ships, Aristotle Onassis became the owner of the Monte ... casino in 1953." The answer for this clue is "CARLO".
The connection between the clue and the answer lies in the mention of Aristotle Onassis and the Monte Carlo casino. Aristotle Onassis, a Greek shipping magnate, was the youthful proprietor of 90 ships in his early career. In 1953, he acquired ownership of the famous Monte Carlo casino, an iconic gambling establishment located in the city-state of Monaco.
The answer, "CARLO," fills the blank in the clue's reference to the casino. The full name of the casino is "Monte Carlo," and "CARLO" represents its essential part. This answer is a concise and clear way to convey the connection between the clue and the specific reference to the Monte Carlo casino.
By providing the answer "CARLO" to this clue, crossword enthusiasts can make progress in completing the puzzle and discover more about the influential Greek businessman, Aristotle Onassis, and his ventures in the world of casinos.
Remember to consider other crossword clues carefully, as they may offer additional insights and help you fill in the remaining puzzle squares. Happy crossword solving!
The Crossword clue "Youthful Greek proprietor of 90 ships, Aristotle Onassis became the owner of the Monte ... casino in 1953" published 11 time/s & has 1 answer/s.
|Lovatts Memory Lane
|26 January 2024
- "There stands me wife; The idol of me life; Singing, 'Roll or bowl ..., a penny a pitch'"
- "Why not retire to a farm; And be contented to ...; The birds off the trees?" asked Eddie Duchin
- "When the sky is a bright canary yellow; I forget every cloud I've ever seen; So they call ... cock-eyed optimist; Immature and incurably green"
- Sir Charles Kinsford-Smith was flying this plane when he went missing over the Bay of Bengal, Lady ... Cross
- The film that made Audrey Hepburn a star and earned her an Oscar, Roman ...