Today is 24 September 2022 and we have the correct solution for the crossword clue "Danish king of England associated with a legendary story of controlling the waves" listed below:
Definition of "CANUTE"
(d.1035), Danish king of England 1017–35, Denmark 1018–35, and Norway 1028–35, son of Sweyn I. He is remembered for demonstrating to fawning courtiers his inability to stop the rising tide; this has become distorted in folklore to suggest that Canute really expected to turn back the tide.
The Crossword clue "Danish king of England associated with a legendary story of controlling the waves" published 1 time/s & has 1 answer/s.
|The Independents Jumbo General||24 September 2022||CANUTE|
- Generic name for small handmade functional household objects made of wood
- Term for the military nobility of pre-industrial Japan
- A reversible fabric, usually silk or linen, with a pattern woven into it
- Pale green transparent variety of the olivine chrysolite, used as a gemstone
- Writer known by the pen name Saki