Category: The Guardian – Cryptic Crossword Answers
22-May-2020 | Page 1 of 1 | Crossword Answers 911
- 1.Killers axing third of villains they havent met
- 2.Compare Liberal with President Clinton, ultimately
- 3.Trying case of drug popular in prison
- 4.Hammer Thor needs taken up
- 5.fine means of securing congregation
- 6.Favour first of entrants in advance
- 7.Players leave evacuated fortress
- 8.Article removed from shed very slowly
- 9.Games left-winger to make complaint
- 10.Limit flexible term accommodated by Devon banker
- 11.Tenor leading performers round Spain shut up in concert hall
- 12.French man of letters charged and executed on retirement
- 13.Dunno what victor does?
- 14.Shielding light from poster in exhibition
- 15.Assemble to conclude harvest
- 16.What MP has turned up about good mans proclivities
- 17.Steps taken to bring about downfall?
- 18.Doctor made one cut
- 19.Arm first to back an argument
- 20.Keeping hospital department in Orient running
- 21.Eagerly grasps hurdle, having landed on bottom
- 22.Sybils husband in charge of church with ceremonial rights
- 23.Take out royal household
- 24.Put ones hand to old hat to register departure
- 25.Narrowly avoids womens clothing
- 26.Engaged in ceasefire, ignoring command
- 27.Girl to stop wearing underwear
- 28.Characters from Kew longed to develop expertise
- 29.Serving up puff pastry cases closed restaurant
- 30.Westward retreat after conflict is admonished
- 31.Guardian concocted non-U type of dressing
- 32.Allocating roles in reconnaissance, keeping close to suspect
About The Guardian Cryptic Crossword
The most popular newspaper in Britain The Guardian, publishes two crossword puzzles namely the Quick Crossword and Cryptic Crossword. The Guardian is owned by the Scott Trust and is very popular among the locals since its inception in the year 1821. These crossword puzzles are famous for being the wittiest and toughest ones and draw a huge crowd of crossword lovers.
The cryptic crosswords are published from Monday to Saturday. Of these the Saturday cryptic crossword is a prize crossword and the winner is by far the best brain in town. The Guardian also offer daily quick crossword puzzle which is comparatively easier to solve.
The Guardian Cryptic Crossword Contests
The Guardian crossword puzzles can be played in the newspaper the old and original way or by downloading their application. The online version is gaining lot of popularity these days and it is easy to carry around too. It gives the users a free trial version followed by a paid subscription. The benefits include free and complete access to all types of crossword puzzles and five levels of Sudoku.
There is a rich archive that the players can access and it has all the puzzles that have been published in the last twenty years. The players can play the crossword alone or rope in their friends and make it fun and challenging. Playing these crosswords on a daily basis is like giving your brain a daily dose of exercise. You will also notice a vast change in your vocabulary and general knowledge as you dig deeper in the world of crossword puzzles.
The online game also gives the players an option of getting help when they are stuck halfway and unable to play further.
The Guardian cryptic crossword solutions are published from Monday to Saturday where Saturday is the Prize crossword.
The guardian cryptic crossword answers are published in the newspaper on the next day whereas on the same day in online puzzles. Guardian cryptic solutions are also analyzed by crossword experts in their blogs.
These cryptic crosswords have clues which are twisted and only if you crack the clue, can you reach to the word that fits in the black and white squares.
The other categories of crossword puzzles published by the guardian are Prize, Guardian Weekend, Genius, Speedy, EveryMan, The Guardian Quiptic crossword etc. All of these cater to the different needs of crossword players. Some are easy, beginner level and others are weekend special.
The Guardian Cryptic Crossword Setters:
The Guardian has a list of esteemed setters who have been the brains behind the puzzles for a very long time. They are mostly identified by a pseudonym and all of their names are mentioned in the website online.
There is also a detailed column that depicts the type of crossword puzzle that each setter specializes in. There are some setters like Anto who only produce cryptic crosswords and others like Arachne who produce all three types of crossword puzzles. The puzzles published under the name of Biggles were jointly produced by a group of four top setters.
- Play The Guardian Cryptic Crossword: www.theguardian.com/crosswords/series/cryptic
The Guardian Cryptic Crossword Solutions
At “Crossword Answers 911” website we are working 24 hours a day for the crossword community so everyone can get guardian cryptic solutions every day!
Visit us in the future to get more answers!