Category: The Guardian – Cryptic Crossword Answers
20-November-2023 | Page 1 of 1 | Crossword Answers 911
- 1.Bulb working - something positive, possibly
- 2.More inquisitive about one getting extra rowdy
- 3.Coming to see one's vocation
- 4.Trickster handy with a card
- 5.Lack of two principal characters ruining scene
- 6.Long lost texts found mixed up in local addresses
- 7.Pretended son played badly
- 8.Thin wrapping can frustrate
- 9.Gangster carrying gun round, warning to get out
- 10.Wife on horse, as it were, has to wrap up
- 11.A pair of bishops at scripture, one wearing a mitre perhaps
- 12.Secure dog perhaps in vehicle
- 13.Instrument made in red and orange, strangely
- 14.Subversion headed off in issue of book
- 15.Arrangements one may be reduced to
- 16.Pine not turning up: it's worth thousands of pounds
- 17.Had been to take boat trip for Christmas cheer
- 18.After tea say took charge of games as coach perhaps
- 19.Electricity essential for this working meal?
- 20.Run a short fiddle in cases of meat
- 21.Directed media to reform
- 22.Revive Frenchman with whiskey
- 23.Be very busy, certain to hitch up something off the shoulder
- 24.Muscle that might make chins pert? Yes and no
- 25.Angry pub scene results in hail of missiles
- 26.Tall thin plank you cut down
- 27.Bugs a crew precisely dealt with
- 28.How does the decimal system work? I have concentrated
About The Guardian Cryptic Crossword
The most popular newspaper in Britain The Guardian, publishes two crossword puzzles namely the Quick Crossword and Cryptic Crossword. The Guardian is owned by the Scott Trust and is very popular among the locals since its inception in the year 1821. These crossword puzzles are famous for being the wittiest and toughest ones and draw a huge crowd of crossword lovers.
The cryptic crosswords are published from Monday to Saturday. Of these the Saturday cryptic crossword is a prize crossword and the winner is by far the best brain in town. The Guardian also offer daily quick crossword puzzle which is comparatively easier to solve.
The Guardian Cryptic Crossword Contests
The Guardian crossword puzzles can be played in the newspaper the old and original way or by downloading their application. The online version is gaining lot of popularity these days and it is easy to carry around too. It gives the users a free trial version followed by a paid subscription. The benefits include free and complete access to all types of crossword puzzles and five levels of Sudoku.
There is a rich archive that the players can access and it has all the puzzles that have been published in the last twenty years. The players can play the crossword alone or rope in their friends and make it fun and challenging. Playing these crosswords on a daily basis is like giving your brain a daily dose of exercise. You will also notice a vast change in your vocabulary and general knowledge as you dig deeper in the world of crossword puzzles.
The online game also gives the players an option of getting help when they are stuck halfway and unable to play further.
The Guardian cryptic crossword solutions are published from Monday to Saturday where Saturday is the Prize crossword.
The guardian cryptic crossword answers are published in the newspaper on the next day whereas on the same day in online puzzles. Guardian cryptic solutions are also analyzed by crossword experts in their blogs.
These cryptic crosswords have clues which are twisted and only if you crack the clue, can you reach to the word that fits in the black and white squares.
The other categories of crossword puzzles published by the guardian are Prize, Guardian Weekend, Genius, Speedy, EveryMan, The Guardian Quiptic crossword etc. All of these cater to the different needs of crossword players. Some are easy, beginner level and others are weekend special.
The Guardian Cryptic Crossword Setters:
The Guardian has a list of esteemed setters who have been the brains behind the puzzles for a very long time. They are mostly identified by a pseudonym and all of their names are mentioned in the website online.
There is also a detailed column that depicts the type of crossword puzzle that each setter specializes in. There are some setters like Anto who only produce cryptic crosswords and others like Arachne who produce all three types of crossword puzzles. The puzzles published under the name of Biggles were jointly produced by a group of four top setters.
- Play The Guardian Cryptic Crossword: www.theguardian.com/crosswords/series/cryptic
The Guardian Cryptic Crossword Solutions
At “Crossword Answers 911” website we are working 24 hours a day for the crossword community so everyone can get guardian cryptic solutions every day!
Visit us in the future to get more answers!