Category: The Guardian – Cryptic Crossword Answers
20-May-2020 | Page 1 of 1 | Crossword Answers 911
- 1.Outside bird caged by old metal
- 2.Moon about end of party, to act audaciously
- 3.Mature writing with Apple device?
- 4.Animal urinates over top of hedge, facing the other way
- 5.Grown apart, as not suitable
- 6.Cat in the past goes round the bend
- 7.Seeks these at Wimbledon
- 8.Scottish hero an expert climber?
- 9.Conservative leader to suffer defeat? Time for recess
- 10.Car seen racing over 100 by groups of spectators
- 11.Wifes present: divorcing husband at one time past
- 12.Americans sci-fi novel under construction: centre of Earth is missing!
- 13.Hes ripped on the outside, one very trim
- 14.English rock band, once big in the East?
- 15.Cocaine stolen by family returning to prison
- 16.To have shown fear in checked pants
- 17.Talk with pet
- 18.Mathematical symbol displayed on a blackboard
- 19.Writers blocks
- 20.Plots involve danger close to Paris
- 21.English author, one left in river with powerboats?
- 22.Manage to exercise
- 23.Ground lies surrounded by water
- 24.Pocket for everyone in Eastbourne, say, in retirement
- 25.£1,000 at first, young learners car reverses, collecting debts kindly
- 26.Swear at dog, tips of sausages eaten
- 27.Punishment for most of this cake being spongy, right?
- 28.Liberal wearing tousled hair promises to be funny
- 29.Bloke playing old fashionable instrument
- 30.Woman has dirty laundry
- 31.Countrys at home beyond spring
- 32.Old queen is turning brown
- 33.Authorised captive queen to be dropped into English sea
About The Guardian Cryptic Crossword
The most popular newspaper in Britain The Guardian, publishes two crossword puzzles namely the Quick Crossword and Cryptic Crossword. The Guardian is owned by the Scott Trust and is very popular among the locals since its inception in the year 1821. These crossword puzzles are famous for being the wittiest and toughest ones and draw a huge crowd of crossword lovers.
The cryptic crosswords are published from Monday to Saturday. Of these the Saturday cryptic crossword is a prize crossword and the winner is by far the best brain in town. The Guardian also offer daily quick crossword puzzle which is comparatively easier to solve.
The Guardian Cryptic Crossword Contests
The Guardian crossword puzzles can be played in the newspaper the old and original way or by downloading their application. The online version is gaining lot of popularity these days and it is easy to carry around too. It gives the users a free trial version followed by a paid subscription. The benefits include free and complete access to all types of crossword puzzles and five levels of Sudoku.
There is a rich archive that the players can access and it has all the puzzles that have been published in the last twenty years. The players can play the crossword alone or rope in their friends and make it fun and challenging. Playing these crosswords on a daily basis is like giving your brain a daily dose of exercise. You will also notice a vast change in your vocabulary and general knowledge as you dig deeper in the world of crossword puzzles.
The online game also gives the players an option of getting help when they are stuck halfway and unable to play further.
The Guardian cryptic crossword solutions are published from Monday to Saturday where Saturday is the Prize crossword.
The guardian cryptic crossword answers are published in the newspaper on the next day whereas on the same day in online puzzles. Guardian cryptic solutions are also analyzed by crossword experts in their blogs.
These cryptic crosswords have clues which are twisted and only if you crack the clue, can you reach to the word that fits in the black and white squares.
The other categories of crossword puzzles published by the guardian are Prize, Guardian Weekend, Genius, Speedy, EveryMan, The Guardian Quiptic crossword etc. All of these cater to the different needs of crossword players. Some are easy, beginner level and others are weekend special.
The Guardian Cryptic Crossword Setters:
The Guardian has a list of esteemed setters who have been the brains behind the puzzles for a very long time. They are mostly identified by a pseudonym and all of their names are mentioned in the website online.
There is also a detailed column that depicts the type of crossword puzzle that each setter specializes in. There are some setters like Anto who only produce cryptic crosswords and others like Arachne who produce all three types of crossword puzzles. The puzzles published under the name of Biggles were jointly produced by a group of four top setters.
- Play The Guardian Cryptic Crossword: www.theguardian.com/crosswords/series/cryptic
The Guardian Cryptic Crossword Solutions
At “Crossword Answers 911” website we are working 24 hours a day for the crossword community so everyone can get guardian cryptic solutions every day!
Visit us in the future to get more answers!