Category: New York Times Crossword Answers
30-June-2020 | Page 1 of 1 | Crossword Answers 911
- 1.About 5 mL
- 2.A famous one by Percy Bysshe Shelley begins "Hail to thee, blithe spirit!"
- 3.It makes stroke after stroke
- 4.Subject of this puzzle, who once said "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you"
- 5.Assuredly, in slang
- 6.Group of whales
- 7.Some hoppy drafts, for short
- 10.Scenic views
- 11.Singer with the 2016 #1 hit "Cheap Thrills"
- 12."Yep, I took care of it!"
- 13.Gillette brand name
- 14.Law school where 54-Across finished at the top of the class
- 15.Whites or darks for laundry, say
- 16.Holder of jelly beans in a guessing contest
- 17.___ Marcos, longtime first lady of the Philippines
- 18.Reason for an apology, maybe
- 19.Birch relatives
- 20.Talking horse of old TV
- 21.Words after get or sleep
- 22.YouTube postings
- 23.Terse turndown to an invitation
- 24.Not sit idly by
- 27.Tongue-in-cheek nickname for 54-Across
- 28.___ Kong
- 29.River to the Bay of Bengal
- 30.Oktoberfest toast
- 31.Prefix with economics
- 32.Geographical inits. until 1991
- 34.What to do "and weep," in an expression
- 35.Saves to discuss later
- 36."Wailing" instrument
- 37.___ Keys
- 38.Sting that was the inspiration for the 2013 film "American Hustle"
- 39.Air carrier based in Seoul
- 40.Brooklyn neighborhood where 54-Across grew up
- 41.Golfer nicknamed "The Big Easy"
- 42.Word repeated in "___ or no ___?"
- 44."You all can keep playing"
- 46.Early Beatle Sutcliffe
- 47.Biggest city on the island of Hawaii
- 48.Emmy-winning Ward
- 49.Many "Men in Black" characters, informally
- 50.Take advantage of
- 51.2018 biopic about 54-Across
- 52.Places dogs go at cookouts
- 53.Newspaper, disparagingly
- 54.Israel's Netanyahu, familiarly
- 55.[Over here!]
- 56.Goes wild
- 57.Start of the Arabic alphabet
- 58.Bit of dust jacket info
- 59.Furnace residue
- 60.___ colada
- 61.Segment of the Constitution that starts "We the People"
- 63.Level or lathe
- 65.Northern terminus of the Appalachian Trail
- 66.Subatomic particle named for an Indian physicist
- 69.King or queen
- 70.1952 Winter Olympics host
- 72.Help by speaking well of
- 73.What a thumbs-up icon might represent
- 74.Sweet liqueur
About New York Times Crossword
Published daily in one of the most reputed and prestigious newspapers in the world, solving The New York Times Crosswords is a challenge in itself. The crosswords are published daily in the print issues as well as the newspaper’s online website which are further syndicated to other 300 journals and newspapers and mobile apps.
The newspaper has had only 4 crossword editors until now, starting from Margaret Farrar, Will Weng, Eugene T Maleska and lastly Will Shortz, all in their respective order of succession. The puzzles are mostly constructed or edited by Crosswords Guru, Will Shortz since 1993. With each passing week day, the puzzles keep getting difficult, with the easiest crosswords being published on Monday and gradually getting difficult with each passing day of the week. The most complicated crosswords are published on Saturdays. The Sunday crossword is comparatively larger and appears in The New York Times Magazine. It is deemed to be just as difficult as the Thursday crossword and solving the New York Times crossword answers is a challenge that everyone wishes to win.
The daily puzzles are 15 X 15 squares but the Sunday Crossword puzzle is 21 X 21 squares, a little smaller than the previous 23 X 23 square puzzles. The popularity of The New York Times Crossword grew widely over the years and is now considered as one of the most prestigious and most widely circulated crosswords across USA. Taking a big leap in the world of crosswords and puzzles, the NYT crosswords game was released in 2007 by Majesco Entertainment. The game includes more than 1000 NYT crosswords from the different weekdays of a week.
Majority of the NYT crosswords are not directly written by Will Shortz himself. The puzzles are constructed by a variety of freelance contributors which are only edited and checked by the maestro before publishing. The Thursday and Sunday puzzles are always themed and have a connection with long NYT crossword answers that are similar to letter substitution, type of pun, etc. The daily puzzles are made available on the website in the evening before they are published in the newspapers the following day. The puzzles for Saturday and Sunday are published at 6 pm, the evening before.
New York Times Crossword Contests: The New York Times Crossword started a new tradition of hosting the Super Mega Crossword Contest once a year, since 2018. The Giant puzzle is 50 X 50 squares in size and appears in the paper’s Puzzle Mania section. It’s been 3 years since the giant puzzle is being constructed and published in the paper. A random winner is chosen from all the entries who correctly answered the puzzle and gifted a prize money of $1,000 from the publication.
NYT Puzzle Authors: Will Shortz many other freelance constructors such as Sam Ezersky and Brenden Emmett Quigley.
- Read more about NYT Crossword Puzzles – Click here
- Play NTY Crossword – Click Here
- Play Mini Crossword – Click Here
NYT Crossword Answers and Solutions
At “Crossword Answers 911” website we are working 24 hours a day for the crossword community so everyone can get new york times crossword answers every day!
Visit us in the future to get more solutions!