Category: New York Times Crossword Answers
23-June-2022 | Page 1 of 1 | Crossword Answers 911
- 1.Grist for the rumor mill
- 3.Fake coin
- 4.Mars rovers, in brief?
- 5.South Asian, informally
- 6.It may be applied to a single digit
- 7.Some hesitations
- 8.Quarter-pound things at McDonald's
- 10.Duck color
- 11.Prez who founded the March of Dimes
- 12.Leave alone
- 13.Captain Marvel, for one
- 14.Soccer star Maradona
- 15.Is behind
- 16.Letter resembling Indiana University's logo
- 17.Comic actress Kristen
- 18.Force-ful character
- 19.Often-uttered lead-in to "That's gotta hurt!"
- 20.Torn and ragged clothing
- 21.Comedian Margaret
- 23.World capital on the so-called Pacific Ring of Fire
- 24.Carnivorous : meat :: carpophagous : ___
- 26.Texter's "hold on a sec"
- 27.Tender feelings
- 28.Call the shots
- 29.Where Aquaman reigns as king
- 30.Readers may flip over it
- 31.One of two in 2/22/22
- 32.Islamic scholar
- 33.Sprites, but not Pepsis
- 34.More submissive
- 35.It may get worn out
- 36.Photosynthetic process "inflating" 16-, 24-, 46- and 56-Across
- 37."Popular Fallacies" writer, 1826
- 38.Like burning plastic
- 39."Imperial gem" mined as early as 6000 B.C
- 40.Sit after everyone else scooches over
- 41.There are 30 on an icosahedron
- 42.The Ark of the Covenant, e.g
- 43.Street food favorites topped with tzatziki
- 44.Ancient dweller of Central Asia and Eastern Europe
- 45.His first initial stands for "Ieoh"
- 46.___ moment
- 47.Actor Cooper
- 48."___ one teach one" (rhyming proverb)
- 49.___-Ed (animated talks for kids)
- 50.Like Canada's maple leaf
- 51."My Friend ___" (classic of children's literature)
- 52.Wing it
- 53.Feminine name that anagrams to another feminine name
- 54.Peons, metaphorically
- 55.What may be traded for tat
- 56."You didn't ask, but . . ." to a texter
- 57.Echo speaker
- 58.Took notice, in a way
- 60.Mood setters for a romantic dinner
- 61.Corresponded with, in a way
- 62.Biting remarks?
- 63.Movie-themed Happy Meal, e.g
- 64.Things "said" in doctors' offices
- 65.Make some cuts, perhaps
- 67.60-Across output or 18-Across synonym
- 68.In a position to sue, say
- 69.Author of "The Bonesetter's Daughter," 2001
- 70.Supplier of iron carrots in old cartoons
- 71.Adam's apple locale
- 72.Early chewing gum ingredient
About New York Times Crossword
Published daily in one of the most reputed and prestigious newspapers in the world, solving The New York Times Crosswords is a challenge in itself. The crosswords are published daily in the print issues as well as the newspaper’s online website which are further syndicated to other 300 journals and newspapers and mobile apps.
The newspaper has had only 4 crossword editors until now, starting from Margaret Farrar, Will Weng, Eugene T Maleska and lastly Will Shortz, all in their respective order of succession. The puzzles are mostly constructed or edited by Crosswords Guru, Will Shortz since 1993. With each passing week day, the puzzles keep getting difficult, with the easiest crosswords being published on Monday and gradually getting difficult with each passing day of the week. The most complicated crosswords are published on Saturdays. The Sunday crossword is comparatively larger and appears in The New York Times Magazine. It is deemed to be just as difficult as the Thursday crossword and solving the New York Times crossword answers is a challenge that everyone wishes to win.
The daily puzzles are 15 X 15 squares but the Sunday Crossword puzzle is 21 X 21 squares, a little smaller than the previous 23 X 23 square puzzles. The popularity of The New York Times Crossword grew widely over the years and is now considered as one of the most prestigious and most widely circulated crosswords across USA. Taking a big leap in the world of crosswords and puzzles, the NYT crosswords game was released in 2007 by Majesco Entertainment. The game includes more than 1000 NYT crosswords from the different weekdays of a week.
Majority of the NYT crosswords are not directly written by Will Shortz himself. The puzzles are constructed by a variety of freelance contributors which are only edited and checked by the maestro before publishing. The Thursday and Sunday puzzles are always themed and have a connection with long NYT crossword answers that are similar to letter substitution, type of pun, etc. The daily puzzles are made available on the website in the evening before they are published in the newspapers the following day. The puzzles for Saturday and Sunday are published at 6 pm, the evening before.
New York Times Crossword Contests: The New York Times Crossword started a new tradition of hosting the Super Mega Crossword Contest once a year, since 2018. The Giant puzzle is 50 X 50 squares in size and appears in the paper’s Puzzle Mania section. It’s been 3 years since the giant puzzle is being constructed and published in the paper. A random winner is chosen from all the entries who correctly answered the puzzle and gifted a prize money of $1,000 from the publication.
NYT Puzzle Authors: Will Shortz many other freelance constructors such as Sam Ezersky and Brenden Emmett Quigley.
- Read more about NYT Crossword Puzzles – Click here
- Play NTY Crossword – Click Here
- Play Mini Crossword – Click Here
NYT Crossword Answers and Solutions
At “Crossword Answers 911” website we are working 24 hours a day for the crossword community so everyone can get new york times crossword answers every day!
Visit us in the future to get more solutions!