Category: New York Times Crossword Answers
20-May-2020 | Page 1 of 1 | Crossword Answers 911
- 1.Dig up dirt
- 2.Pacific root vegetable
- 3.Beethoven's "Ah! perfido," e.g
- 4.Anagram and antonym of 34-Down
- 5.Fairy tale menace
- 6.Type of weasel
- 7.Contacts list faves
- 8.Cubed ... or played with cubes
- 9.Dish next to stuffing and cranberry sauce
- 10.Recipe phrase
- 11."Frozen" queen
- 12.Gas station adjunct
- 13.GoFundMe contributor
- 16.Small Indian drum
- 17.WikiLeaks source, perhaps
- 18."The world's most valuable resource is no longer oil, but ___": The Economist
- 19.Western town that inspired Georgia O'Keeffe
- 20.Transcript stat
- 21.Actress de Armas of "Knives Out"
- 23.Pool necessities
- 24.Screed about Old Glory that goes too far?
- 25.Van Gundy of the N.B.A
- 26.Asian wrap
- 27."Every kiss begins with ___" (jeweler's slogan)
- 28.Flirt with
- 29.Pregnancy estimation
- 31.McNally's partner
- 33."Shining" place in "America the Beautiful"
- 34.Let loose, in a way
- 35.Massachusetts' Buzzards ___
- 36.Some people believe swamp gas causes them, for short
- 38.Captain America portrayer Chris
- 39.Zebra, slangily
- 40.Headline about a pagan rotisserie shop?
- 41.Quaint preposition
- 42.Part of the throat whose name comes from the Latin for "little grape"
- 43.Girl Scout cookie variety
- 44.It might be painted in the bathroom
- 45.Stir up
- 47.Something an athlete should bring
- 48.Habitat for rails and bitterns
- 49.Applies with a cotton ball
- 50.Canadian sketch comedy show of the 1970s-'80s
- 51.Animal crossing
- 53.Is, in retrospect
- 54.Estimation words
- 55.Capt.'s announcement
- 58.Middle ship of three, it's said
- 59.___ Chu, Nobel Prize-winning member of Obama's cabinet
- 60.Private employer?
- 61."Or ___!"
- 62.Place to wear a toga
- 63.Rev, as an engine
- 64."That handlebar has gotta hurt!"
- 65.Keebler crew
- 66.Modern reproductive procedure: Abbr
- 67.Garments typically fastened in the back
- 69.Tender kind of lettuce
- 71.Secret supply
- 72.Bit of Quidditch equipment
- 74.Org. with skyrocketing expenses?
- 75.Symbol of nakedness
- 76.Concert tees and the like
- 77.Sushi fish
- 79.French cheese tasting that lasts only a minute?
- 80.Coop up
- 81.Breakfast dish from a "station"
About New York Times Crossword
Published daily in one of the most reputed and prestigious newspapers in the world, solving The New York Times Crosswords is a challenge in itself. The crosswords are published daily in the print issues as well as the newspaper’s online website which are further syndicated to other 300 journals and newspapers and mobile apps.
The newspaper has had only 4 crossword editors until now, starting from Margaret Farrar, Will Weng, Eugene T Maleska and lastly Will Shortz, all in their respective order of succession. The puzzles are mostly constructed or edited by Crosswords Guru, Will Shortz since 1993. With each passing week day, the puzzles keep getting difficult, with the easiest crosswords being published on Monday and gradually getting difficult with each passing day of the week. The most complicated crosswords are published on Saturdays. The Sunday crossword is comparatively larger and appears in The New York Times Magazine. It is deemed to be just as difficult as the Thursday crossword and solving the New York Times crossword answers is a challenge that everyone wishes to win.
The daily puzzles are 15 X 15 squares but the Sunday Crossword puzzle is 21 X 21 squares, a little smaller than the previous 23 X 23 square puzzles. The popularity of The New York Times Crossword grew widely over the years and is now considered as one of the most prestigious and most widely circulated crosswords across USA. Taking a big leap in the world of crosswords and puzzles, the NYT crosswords game was released in 2007 by Majesco Entertainment. The game includes more than 1000 NYT crosswords from the different weekdays of a week.
Majority of the NYT crosswords are not directly written by Will Shortz himself. The puzzles are constructed by a variety of freelance contributors which are only edited and checked by the maestro before publishing. The Thursday and Sunday puzzles are always themed and have a connection with long NYT crossword answers that are similar to letter substitution, type of pun, etc. The daily puzzles are made available on the website in the evening before they are published in the newspapers the following day. The puzzles for Saturday and Sunday are published at 6 pm, the evening before.
New York Times Crossword Contests: The New York Times Crossword started a new tradition of hosting the Super Mega Crossword Contest once a year, since 2018. The Giant puzzle is 50 X 50 squares in size and appears in the paper’s Puzzle Mania section. It’s been 3 years since the giant puzzle is being constructed and published in the paper. A random winner is chosen from all the entries who correctly answered the puzzle and gifted a prize money of $1,000 from the publication.
NYT Puzzle Authors: Will Shortz many other freelance constructors such as Sam Ezersky and Brenden Emmett Quigley.
- Read more about NYT Crossword Puzzles – Click here
- Play NTY Crossword – Click Here
- Play Mini Crossword – Click Here
NYT Crossword Answers and Solutions
At “Crossword Answers 911” website we are working 24 hours a day for the crossword community so everyone can get new york times crossword answers every day!
Visit us in the future to get more solutions!